6937RE: [TalkAntietam] cycling tour books

    Nov 1, 2012
      Lord. Tom! I have that very book you mentioned! Dang!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of RoteBaron@...
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:58 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] cycling tour books

      Keith,

      Perhaps it was Kurt Detwiler, who authored numerous cycling books including "Bicycling Through Civil War History: In Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Virginia".

      If so, be advised that he passed away in Sept 2012.

      A link to his obit is below (includes photo in case you can identify him as person you were seeking)...
      http://times-news.com/obituaries/x1831852773/KURT-B-DETWILER-Frostburg

      Tom Shay - avid cycl er in Cressona, PA