6901Re: [TalkAntietam] Bridge over Little Antietam Creek

  • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
    Sep 21, 2012
      Hi Tom:

      Funny you should ask, I was driving over that road during the Maryland My
      Maryland event a couple weeks ago,and was wondering the exact same thing. It
      is certainly too narrow to have been built for two lane traffic, and it
      looks jut like the other ones.
      But I do not recall reading any reports of fording the Little Antietam.
      One of the Union Corps, I think it was the 6th, but maybe the 2nd, split
      up and some went over the middle bridge and some waded the creek. But no
      mention of the Little Antietam.

      BTW I have not forgotten, I will send you the transcripts of the 49th
      letters when I get to them. The event had me more than a little busy for several
      weeks, and I am catching up on other things.

      Mike Lavis

      In a message dated 9/21/2012 12:20:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      RoteBaron@... writes:

      Does anyone know if the small arched bridge over Little Antietam Creek (on
      Keedyville Roa d that leads to Upper Bridge) existed during the battle?

      I asked several people at the park last weekend and got various answers.