6889Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Killing's Cave

  • Ian Workman
    Sep 14, 2012
      Killiansburg Cave has what appears to have two openings. The one on the
      right is the one that you would want to go into. It is much smaller than it
      used to be. Parts of it collapsed and you can no longer scale the chimney
      to the upper window. It is also full of dirt so the entrance is much
      smaller. There is a larger overhang towards Shepherdstown that is thought
      to have been used as well. All of these pieces are on NPS land. You can see
      the markers punched into the tops of the cliffs above on both of them.