      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of cowie_steve
      Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 12:16 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Killing's Cave

      Gerry,

      I visited Killiansburg Cave a couple years ago and it was in good condition, albeit much smaller than Schell's rendition. It's located off the C & O towpath a couple miles south of the parking area at the Snyder's Landing Road boat launch. I failed to log the exact milepost but it was somewhere between 75.3-75.7. After walking a mile or so from the parking area you'll first pass the smaller Sharpsburg Landing Cave, which is commonly mistaken for Killiansburg Cave. Continue for roughly another mile and the much larger Killiansburg Cave will be on your left, about 20 yards above the towpath. Depending on the time of year it can be hard to see; it's also a steep and slippery approach so good footwear is advised. I've heard mixed rumors that it's located on private property, so your friend might want to look into this before climbing up to the cave.

      Steve