      From: "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...>
      Sender: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:03:50
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [TalkAntietam] Hill's Light Division March

      Dear Mike,

      I agree... Troy could be right. Yes, Les Jensen is the one, IIRC, who actually put the labels of Richmond Deport I, II, III on the jackets.I find it very interesting that no surviving examples (so far as is known) of Type I remain, but plenty of the transitional style between I and II, and probably between II and III.

      When it went to Chickamauga, the two divisions of Longstreet's Corps that went west were all outfitted with kersey blue trowsers according to research Don Troiani did for one of his paintings. The trowsers may have been appropriated from dead Yankees.

      Hope this helps!

      Gerry

      From: _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)
      behalf of Jim Rosebrock [_pointsalines@..._