      From: Michael Hardy <mchardy@...>
      To: "TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com" <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:25 AM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Hill's Light Division March

      Teej - Capt.
      William Morris, commanding the 37th North Carolina Troops, Branch's brigade,
      Light Division, writes home on September 23, 1862:  “…we went to harpers Ferry & captured
      Twelve Thousand yankeys and all of there arms & stores.  they surrendered without Much fighting.  We had a fine time at harpers fery.  Got Plenty Shugar & Coffee, in fact all
      most any thing we could wish, clothing, etc.”
      He writes again
      on September 28, 1862: “I have Clothes plenty to Doo Me all winter as we all
      Got what we wanted at Harpers Ferry.”
      There are
      probably other examples in other letter sets. I just happen to be more familiar
      with the 37th NCT.
      Kindest Regards,
      Michael
      North Carolina and the Civil War blog
      2010-11 North Carolina Historian of the Year