      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of ScottH [sdhann@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:26 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] 72nd PA Official Report for Antietam?

      I'm well aware that there was one report written for the entire Philadelphia Brigade, but am wondering if Colonel DeWitt C. Baxter of the 72nd PA might have written one for the regiment which wasn't published in the Official Records. Around 15 years ago, Broadfoot published a supplement to the O. R.s which included such previously unpublished reports, but there weren't many for Antietam. I recall there being one for the 10th Maine and another for the 19th Indiana. If any of our members have a copy of these books would you mind checking for me? I've searched a few Philadelphia papers from the period, and don't see one published. It's a long shot, but any published information about the 72nd PA at Antietam would be useful. Thanks very much, and Happy Easter to all members of the group, Scott