      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Stephen Recker [recker@...]
      Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 8:33 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Burial duty at Antietam: burning of bodies?

      Steve,

      I remember hearing about amputated limbs thrown out the windows of the Dunker Church. When the pile got to the window sill they would be loaded in a wagon and driven down the Smoketown Road to be burned in the East Woods. Can't remember where I got that one, though. You might ask Alann Schmidt.

      Stephen Recker