6665Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: War Dept. Document

  • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
    Oct 6, 2011
      This is great stuff !!

      I have been given the honor to be the Federal Commander for the 150th
      Antietam reenactment next September, and this will be a very valuable reference.

      Thank you
      Mike Lavis

      In a message dated 10/6/2011 8:52:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      blink88@... writes:

      I posted the document this morning in the Files section.

      --- In _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)
      , "Bley" <blink88@...> wrote:

      > A number of years ago while I was loitering at the National Archives I
      came across a document entitled, Tactical Formations of Lesser Units... The
      document is really nothing more than a compilation of reports from unit
      commanders, both north and south. The requirement seemed to be that the report
      described deployment/formations of the unit being written about. Much of
      it is dry or bombastic but I did find some interesting descriptions of
      brigade deployments. A small part of the document is related to the 1862
      Maryland Campaign.

      > I only mention this because I recently re-discovered the papers. If any
      of you have an interest I would happily post it in the files section.
      Otherwise, I'll let it lie.