6658RE: [TalkAntietam] War Dept. Document

  • Thomas G. Clemens
    Oct 5, 2011
      I'd like to see it.

      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bley
      Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:28 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] War Dept. Document

      A number of years ago while I was loitering at the National Archives I came across a document entitled, Tactical Formations of Lesser Units... The document is really nothing more than a compilation of reports from unit commanders, both north and south. The requirement seemed to be that the report described deployment/formations of the unit being written about. Much of it is dry or bombastic but I did find some interesting descriptions of brigade deployments. A small part of the document is related to the 1862 Maryland Campaign.

      I only mention this because I recently re-discovered the papers. If any of you have an interest I would happily post it in the files section. Otherwise, I'll let it lie.