      From: "troyacool@..." <troyacool@...>
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] 2012 150th Anniversary Info

      I am negotiating a preservation walk from Harper's Ferry to Antietam with the parks. HF is commemorating the surrender that weekend and the walk would include reenactors and the general public, starting from there and proceeding to Antietam. Both parks have tentatively approved the event and the logistics are creeping along.
      The idea is to raise money and awareness of preservation efforts at Antietam, C&O, Shepherdstown, and Harper's Ferry.

      From: "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...>
      Sender: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:48:40
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] 2012 150th Anniversary Info

      Sept. 17th, 2012, is on Monday. Are the NPS/SHAF/Sharpsburg activities going to be held primarily on that weekend, the 15th-16th, with related activities on the 17th?

      I've read that on September 8 - 9, 2012, the Southern Division in conjunction with the Hagerstown-Washington County Visitors Bureau will be hosting "Maryland, My Maryland", a reenactment on private land of the Battles of South Mountain and Antietam, commemorating the 150th Anniversary. I guess that is a separate event?