      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of eighth_conn_inf [eighth_conn_inf@...]
      Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:37 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Piper Farm Trail News

      Matt,

      Tom Clemens, SHAF's president, will have the details but SHAF'S June 2011 newsletter said that the plan is to have a walking trail branching off the Final Attack Trail up the hill across the Ninth Corps assault field to connect with the paved path leading to the 9th NY and 8th CT monuments. The Oct. 29th workday will involve this new trail. I don't know if any work has been done on this trail yet but I do know from my stints at the Newcomer House that the trail from there is in progress.

      Larry