      From: eighth_conn_inf <eighth_conn_inf@...>
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Piper Farm Trail News
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 5:37 PM

      I recently heard from a park worker that the Piper Lane trail will probably not be completed to Bloody Lane (Richardson Ave.) before the 150th because that area is used by livestock. Apparently fencing them out but still giving access to fields on both sides of the trail will not be easy.

      Too bad.

      Work is progressing on a trail from the Newcomer House, however, leading up to the ridge where Union horse artillery was located on 17 September. It will be complete with picnic tables from what I was told.

      Any news on the new trail sponsored by SHAF up to the NY/Conn. monuments near HF Road? Weather has been a bit warm to do heavy outside work.