6607Re: Wounding of "Greasy Dick" Richardson was A R Lawton Wounding

  • cowie_steve
    Jul 8, 2011
      Hi, Gerry.

      Good question as discrepancies abound regarding Richardson's wound. Pierro's Carman describes a ball of spherical case hitting the general; Schildt has a shell fragment hitting Richardson's hip; an undocumented source in my notes places the wound in the ribs; Krick wrote that a piece of shell struck Richardson, "mangling his shoulder." I'd like to hear what others in the forum have found.

      Steve