6603Wounding of Alexander Lawton

  • cowie_steve
    Jul 6, 2011
      Hello, Forum.

      If anyone can shed light on the details of Brig Gen Alexander Lawton's disabling wound on the morning of 9/17 I'd be grateful. My understanding is that he was transported afterward to Ferry Hill but I've been unable to track down details on where the wound occurred -- both on his body and on the field. It evidently was so severe that he was unable to return to field command for the duration of the war.

      I'm aware of his appointment to CS QM Gen in 1863 but am mainly curious as to what specifically took him out of action.

      Thanks,

      Steve
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic