6602RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: Otto House and farm.

    Jul 5, 2011
      Dave,

      I would suggest she contact the Antietam NBP Library... unfortunately the
      Library is only open during the weekdays not weekends. The Library moved a
      couple years ago from the basement of the Visitor Center to a rancher off
      Maryland Rte 64. If you call the main number for the Antietam NBP (Visitor
      Center), they might be able to give you the number for the Library.

      When I was researching my historical fiction novel "None But Heroes", I
      found much useful information about the Fourth NC in the Library, so you
      might find some items of value about the Clipp farmstead etc.

      What you mention about the lack of regimental or veteran commentary about
      the farmstead at the time of the battle is worth looking into. If the house
      was not there at the time of the battle, then why do the Carman/Cope maps
      include it? Personally, I think it was a small log cabin or log/wood frame
      dwelling in September 1862.