6586Re: [TalkAntietam] Troup Artillery at Sharpsburg

  • Dave
    May 9, 2011
      The Troup Artillery Bty was under the command of Henry Hull Carlton
      during the battle. According to "Artillery Hell", the battery carried 2
      x 10# Parrot rifles, and one 12# smoothbore howitzer, having left 2 x 6#
      smoothbores behind at Leesburg. They suffered 1 KIA, 8 WIA, and they
      were attached to Cobb's Legion. I looked at several of the Carman maps
      but couldn't find them, but at least you know where to look for them if
      they're labeled. Hope this helps.

      Dave McGowan