6555RE: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

    Apr 2, 2011
      Michael,

      The link did not come through....

      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Michael Collesano
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 10:54 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

      This article may be of interest

      Michael J. Collesano, LL.M.
      Michael J. Collesano, LL.M., PC
      110 Wall Street, 11th Fl.
      New York, New York 10005
      T - (212) 227 - 6879
      F - (888) 716 - 2544
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Dave
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 9:34 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

      Hello Everyone,

      I've been trying to do some prep work for a visit to the field during
      the first week of May, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how
      brushy the edges of the sunken lane were at the time of the battle. To
      a farmer's eye, that would be fence line that I might let grow up some
      if the height didn't interfere with the sun on my crop (especially the
      north side). The pictures in Frassanito don't bear this out, but maybe
      the brush may have been trampled or destroyed by fire. Any ideas or
      thoughts on this, and the impact it might have on line of sight for the
      Federals?

      Dave McGowan