6546Bloody Lane Terrain

  • Dave
    Apr 1, 2011
      Hello Everyone,

      I've been trying to do some prep work for a visit to the field during
      the first week of May, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how
      brushy the edges of the sunken lane were at the time of the battle. To
      a farmer's eye, that would be fence line that I might let grow up some
      if the height didn't interfere with the sun on my crop (especially the
      north side). The pictures in Frassanito don't bear this out, but maybe
      the brush may have been trampled or destroyed by fire. Any ideas or
      thoughts on this, and the impact it might have on line of sight for the
      Federals?

      Dave McGowan
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic