      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Larry Freiheit [eighth_conn_inf@...]
      Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:05 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Limekiln Road

      Thanks for that update Tom--were you on a scouting mission for your vol. 2?

      Is it your belief that the escape column used that road? I plan on driving the
      area in March--or earlier weather and time permitting. Carman I recall believed
      that was the road but he also questioned whether the column actually went over
      Middle Bridge vice Lower Bridge. I think the road network then could have
      allowed the column to go further north then over the future Burnside Bridge as
      only once account suggested. The majority of the accouts point to the Antietam
      Furnace Bridge.

      Larry