6300Re: [TalkAntietam] Dunker Church

  • Matt Reardon
    Aug 4, 2010
      The Civil War museum I head has a wooden shingle that is supposed to be from the original Dunker Church. It has a painting of the Church on it which was painted and signed by a member of the Mumma family. I can only speak for the shingles though.

      Matt

      Sent from my iPod

      On Aug 4, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Ian Workman <cwdigger@...> wrote:

      I too have never heard of the church ever having any wooden siding. However,
      that doesn't mean that it didn't. If there were an earlier structure it may
      have had siding as most smaller buildings had clap board siding to start
      with. I started a deed chain on that property last year some time to see
      what else was there. If you check what was supposedly there against the tax
      records it just doesn't match up correctly. I must note that there were a
      few more homes in that area that aren't there now.

      Ian Workman

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM, G E Mayers <gerry1952@...> wrote:

      I too have never heard of the Dunkard Church having any sort of wooden
      siding..........