      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Stephen
      Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 11:59 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Preservation Alert

      Harry...

      The posting fails to point out that the water and sewer lines at
      Bolivar-South were installed in easements that the owner retained when they
      sold the land to the NPS. They had every right to install the utility lines.
      The violation was that they failed to get the appropriate permits from NPS.
      I am sure the NPS would not have unduly held up the permit and denied the
      easement holder their legitimate property rights to use the easement (wink).
      The NPS is obliged, like any party, to abide by its contractural agreements.

      Am I thrilled with development the size of 16 walmarts there? Of course not.
      But, we need to be objective in our analysis and argument or we come off
      looking silly and hysterical. Frankly, I don't see there EVER being enough
      demand for that much development there anyway. That would be like building
      everything on Buckeystown Pike and Urbana Pike south of Frederick from
      scratch.

      Something to be concerned about? Yes. However, I think some hysteria is
      being invoked here.