6282Re: Abandoned artillery limber near Dunker Church in Gardner's photo.

  • ScottH
    Jul 16 5:05 PM
      Thanks Tom, Frassanito's book was one of the first places I looked. However, according to Manning's report, Parker's Battery lost "rear chests 12-pounder howitzer caisson" which I would NOT take to mean the entire limber which we see in the photo.

      Blue & Gray magazine ran an issue titled "Artillery Hell" which featured maps of the various batteries during the battle. However, I've found discrepancies between those and other maps.

      On the site of the abandoned limber (or near to it) is a government wayside. If I knew precisely how the batteries were arrayed I could possibly narrow down which battery was MOST LIKELY to have lost that limber given their position in line.