6278Re: Abandoned artillery limber near Dunker Church in Gardner's photo.

  • ScottH
    Jul 15, 2010
      Thanks "Gerry." The limber most definitely belonged to one of Stephen D. Lee's batteries, but which one? There's a few possibilities. I've seen recent maps that show how Lee's battalion was arrayed, but I'm not 100% convinced of their accuracy. It's wishful thinking that the limber in question belonged to Rhett's Battery (my ancestor's unit).

      > Dear Scott,
      >
      > To the best of my knowledge, that destroyed limber was in the area where Stephen Dill Lee had posted his artillery battalion, that later became Alexander's, on the morning of September 17th.

      > To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God. --Anonymous

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic