6266Re: For Stephen Recker

  • Stephen
    Jul 2 7:40 PM
      Steve..
      This one shows him (assuming it is him) as a young man, by the clothing I would estimate the late 1850s.....clean shaven on the front of the face, but with whiskers wrapping down under his chin....dark tails or frock coat, lighter brocade double breasted vest, standing collar, with wide cravat. Very antebellum in appearance. It was indentified in their files as Recher.

      Gimme your email address and I will email a copy to you.

      Steve

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "s_recker" <recker@...> wrote:

      > If you are talking about the black and white 8x10 copy print of him with the big beard, I have no doubt that it is him, simply by comparing it to the stereo. The description, IIRC, simply gives his dates and describes him as a prominent photographer from Hagerstown. Not much to argue with there, but maybe we are not talking about the same photo?
      >

      > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <jeffcowvplanning@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Steve..
      > >
      > > Have you seen the portrait photo of Elias Recher at the WCHS collection?
      > >
      > > I ran across it in their photo files. You are the Recher expert...are you aware of the photo...and do you have any dispute with the description?
      > >
      > > Comparing it to the stereo card of him in front of his photography wagon, it appears that it could be him 25 years later.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > > Steve Bockmiller

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic