6165Question re photoigraph

    Feb 22, 2010
      Gang,

      In the TimeLife Voices of the Civil War volume dedicated to Antietam, on page 113, there is a photograph showing First Lieutenant Franklin H Weaver, Company H, Fourth North Carolina, along with two unidentified comrades. From looking at the photograph on that page, I am able to surmise several things:

      First, when the photo was taken Weaver must have been acting as Officer of the Day;
      second, it appears the two as yet unidentified comrades to the left and upper left of Weaver (as he is sitting in the photo) are enlisted personnel;
      third, from the style of jacket, I would surmise the two unidentified persons are wearing the early war thigh length four button sack coat issued by North Carolina to her troops (in fact the soldier standing in the black clearly has the distinctive black shoulder bar visible).

      Does anyone on this board possibly know who the two individuals other than Lieutenant Weaver might be?

      Thank you for your help!