6163Re: [TalkAntietam] Hagerstown illustrations

    Feb 21, 2010
      Steve,
      I ran across Judge Alvey when I was working on the Lt. John H. Stone diary. Stone, Co. B. 2nd MD Inf. CSA stopped to visit Alvey when they passed through Hagerstown in 1863. he mentioned Alvey was from St. Mary's County, or Charles. Anyway, you might pook in the historical societies down there for a photo.

      >>> "jeffcowvplanning" <jeffcowvplanning@...> 02/21/10 9:54 AM >>>
      Hello again...

      I am working on a book on behalf of the City of Hagerstown (my employer). It is an Arcadia photo/illustration history of Hagerstown in the Civil War.

      If anyone has any Hagerstown photos/illustrations they would care to share, please contact me. Looking specifically for period or soon post war town scenes of Hagerstown, portraits of important Hagerstonians, significant artifacts....anything that has a direct connection to Hagerstown in the Civil War. Specifically looking for a period image of Judge Richard Alvey (Hagerstown judge who became a guest of the Lincoln Administration at Forts McHenry, Warren and Lafayette). The only ones I am aware of are from the turn of the century.

      There are more images out there than you would think. Already have an inventory of about 210 images. Want to compile a thorough inventory before determining which to use. The book will have about 180 images in it.

      Thanks.
      Steve
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic