      From: "flagflop" <dwgaddy@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:58 AM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Question re "Carry Me Back toOl'
      Virginny" Song

      Gerry,

      The problem is caused by confusion between the former (postwar)
      Virginia "Carry Me Back..." anthem and the one of the 1860s,
      which was totally different and titled "Carry Me Back to Old
      Virginia's Shore." (Which was not inappropraite for a recrossing
      of the Potomac!) The band version is on one of the readily
      available tape compilations, which I can dig up if interested.

      Dave Gaddy