6133Re: Question re "Carry Me Back toOl' Virginny" Song

  • flagflop
    Jan 30, 2010
      Gerry,

      The problem is caused by confusion between the former (postwar) Virginia "Carry Me Back..." anthem and the one of the 1860s, which was totally different and titled "Carry Me Back to Old Virginia's Shore." (Which was not inappropraite for a recrossing of the Potomac!) The band version is on one of the readily available tape compilations, which I can dig up if interested.

      Dave Gaddy