      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:08 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Congratulations, Tom!

      > Jake,
      <snip> > Another mystery to resolve now: in the Chicago PL is a
      series of letters to a third party, cannot recall the name
      off-hand, from a number of Confederates from AL that were
      solicited by a newspaper advertisement in Birmingham to send
      their recollections of Antietam. (I think I shared a couple of
      these with Gerry) They represent several regiments, including a
      couple from Wilcox's brigade, that help with that part of the
      fight. What is intriguing is that all addressed to this third
      party except one, which is addressed to Carman. So what is the
      connection here? I cannot find one. So far anyway. Was Carman
      using"stringers?" I don't know.
      <snip>
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic