5987Sumner/Franklin conference

    Nov 29, 2009
      In preparing for a tour I'm giving next week, I've been reading Unfurl
      Those Colors, Chapter 10. Vince has an interesting take on the
      mediation of McClellan between Franklin and Sumner on whether or not to
      renew an attack against the Confederate left on the afternoon of the
      17th. Vince has Sumner a little more excited about an attack than I
      remember.

      Anyone have thoughts about this? Any recommendations for other versions
      of this. I plan to check out Franklin in Battles and Leaders, then
      McClellan's War, then Carman...after I have a turkey sandwich, of
      course.