5966[TalkAntietam] 9th NY & 8th CT

  • Matt Reardon
    Nov 21, 2009
      Hi all,

      I've been doing a lot of research into the IX Corps attack late in the day.  After visiting Antietam a few months ago, I saw that the 8th CT and 9th NY monuments are very close to each other.  Each claiming that this was the point to which they advanced to.  Now I know that the 8th CT and 9th NY never fought this close together.  The 8th CT advanced towards the Harper's Ferry Rd and the 9th NY wheeled towards Sharpsburg.  Is there any reason why these two monuments are where they are?

      Thanks for any help,

      Matt