5947Re: [TalkAntietam] Log cabin in the Sunken Road

    Nov 2, 2009
      I am not able to access my sources right now, but yes, I think we are talking about two cabins, one disappearing much earlier than the other. Also, IIRC, Henry Piper only owned one slave, which was a man, I think.
      On another topic, I read a letter last night from a soldier in the 12th Corps who said hat on the march from DC they encountered some 9th Corps soldiers he described as starving. He said they offered 50 cents for a hard tack cracker! Wow, I always had to have some point a gun at me to make me eat those things. :-)

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      Stephen and Tom,

      Are you not talking about two separate cabins?