5930Re: [TalkAntietam] re R H Anderson Division early morning to mornig of Sept 17

  • Dean Essig
    Oct 29, 2009
      On Oct 29, 2009, at 1:18 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

      > IIRC Anderson does not get the order to move to Sunken Road and
      > actually start doing so until around 1000... which might give him
      > plenty of time.

      Gerry,

      Looking forward to the book.

      My 0900 time is from the Carmen-Cope map (only)... there it not only
      shows the division straddling Michael, but has an arrow, indication
      movement, taking it further forward (toward the Sunken Road).

      Sadly the next map is 1030, showing the division fully engaged at the
      Sunken Road. So, the movement into that action occurs some time
      between 0900 and 1030... with a very short (relatively) distance to
      travel.

      Pinning that down better will be quite tough. 1000 is not a bad
      estimate.

      Good luck!

      Dean