5925Re: [TalkAntietam] re R H Anderson Division early morning to mornig of Sept 17

    Oct 28, 2009
      Dear Dean,

      Good points etc. But how can we really be sure? Anderson was not
      really part of M'Laws once he reaches Sharpsburg, regardless of
      what M'Laws says in his OR report. Since other maps I have seen
      indicate (and I think the map you mentioned earlier for the
      slightly later time frame) Anderson somewhere near the Michael
      farm, that is slightly to the north of the village. The problem
      with Cemetery Hill (what we know now as that was actually the
      hill...with a cornfield...right by the Lutheran cemetery) is that
      it lies to the _east_ of the village.

      I could be confusing what Carman is saying with something similar
      that Harsh says in TATF about Anderson's movement order... see
      Chapter Eight, pp. 366-67 and Chapter Nine, pp. 368-69.