5841Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Capture of Longstreet's ammunition train, 9/15

  • Dean Essig
    Sep 18, 2009

      We got 10.9 from the where the Hill route hits US 340 to the stop
      sign where Trough Road hits River Road at the Ford.

      Your 14 sounds about right once you add the rest of the way up to the
      southern part of the field and the distance into the center of HF.

      Hill's 17 mile number is either an intentional misrepresentation to
      make his march look better (or at least less inefficient) than it
      really was, or he wrote "12" and the "2" was miss-read as a "7".

      Either way, 17 is way off.

      Dean