5839Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Capture of Longstreet's ammunition train, 9/15

    Sep 18, 2009
      The 2:30 tour. Just talked to Tom McGrath tonight, he is looking forward to the tour too. Joe Harsh and I could never figure out the 17 mile story. I think we got 14 or so, but it certainly is not 17.

      >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 09/18/09 4:16 PM >>>
      Thanks Tom for that reminder!

      Here is the correction: "Lt. Col. Edward Porter Alexander, Chief of Ordnance for the Army of Northern Virginia...." My HF escape chapter is nearly completion.

      Alexander said about this incident in his other book that he and his wagons had to return 13 miles to HF which certainly supports Jim Rosebrock's measurements--~13 vice Hill's 17.

      BTW, for tomorrow's fording, are you leading the 2:30 or 3:30 crossing?