5786Margie Boteler

    Jul 26, 2009
      I am trying to find out about Maggie Boteler, a resident of
      Shepherdstown who hosted a number of wounded Confederates after
      Antietam.

      I'd like to know where her house is (was?). Also, in The Antietam
      Campaign book, Robert Krick has an article called "Sharpsburg's Bloody
      Lane" that references an auction catalog from November 30, 1996,
      Signature House, Monkton, MD, that includes letters form Margie. Does
      anyone have a copy of this catalog or know where I can get a look at
      the letters contained therein?

      Thanks,