5758Re: [TalkAntietam] re Murfin and description of Sunken Road fight

  • Dean Essig
    Jun 22, 2009
      Part of R.H. Anderson's division halted back there on its way
      forward. This is mentioned in Collins' Rodes biography (and probably
      others I don't have handy at the moment). He mentions on pg 168 that
      one regiment and part of another of Pryor's Bde stopped in the Piper
      Orchard and Rodes had to demand that Pryor send them into the fight.

      I don't know that I'd call it a "second line", though.