5681Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Moxley Sorrel and September 16th (Night)

  • Dave
    Apr 5, 2009
      For what it's worth, even though it was very early in the war, when CSA
      Gen Felix Zollicoffer was killed in the battle of Mill Springs in KY on
      Jan 19, 1862, he was wearing either a "white rubber" or "light drab
      overcoat buttoned to the chin." Due to the rain and hanging smoke, he
      managed to ride right through the Federal lines unmolested and was only
      shot when he spoke to a US officer on his way back out. One of the
      accounts said that a US Lt. Col was wearing a similar coat, so nobody
      thought anything about it.

      Dave McGowan