5659Re: [TalkAntietam] re Moxley Sorrel and September 16th (Night)

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Apr 3, 2009
      two things - other sources talk about a company acting as HQ guard for
      Stuart, so it is possible that Sorrell is talking about them and not the main body
      of the regiment, and two, Rowland doesn't really say when they broke away to
      rejoin Stuart.

      But at face value, Rowland does seem to corroborate your point, not
      Sorrell's account.

      Anyone picked up Hopkins' Book; "the Little Jeff" to see what he says?
      Supposed to be a pretty complete regimental, or so I've heard. I have an interest
      in their old commander, Will Martin, but I can't really justify the purchase
      of an eastern unit regimental for what would likely be a couple of pages of
      biblio references.

      Dave Powell

      In a message dated 4/3/2009 9:11:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      d.essig@... writes:

      Saw that one Dave, sure doesn't put the Legion anywhere near the West
      Woods on the 16th, though. Moving from Birkettsville to follow McLaws
      to the field (and Richard Anderson, for that matter) places them
      south, maybe well south, of the ford at dawn.

      recession.