5544Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hamburg Passes?

    Mar 1, 2009
      The best source I have seen for the back-story on South Mountain names
      is Curtis Older's "The Braddock Expedition and Fox's Gap in Maryland."
      I have only found two for sale anywhere, and they were in the Frederick
      County HS book store. I bought one and there was one more left. Amazing
      book. He mentions Hamburg Pass, mostly when referencing D.H. Hill. But
      he puts it in a context that may shed some light. He also mentions
      Orr's Gap and John Orr.

      Stephen