5543re Rodes brigade at Sunken Road

    Mar 1 12:31 PM
      Gang,

      I have been re reading David Eicher's one volume military history
      of the Civil War, titled "The Longest Night", recently. In his
      section on Sharpsburg and the fight at the Sunken Road, he says
      Rodes's brigade launched a counter attack that ultimately reached
      the area of the Roulette and Clip Farms before being forced back.

      Is this so? I have always been under the apprehension that some
      elements of George B Anderson's NC brigade, along with some
      elements of Wright's Georgia brigade (which extended the
      Confederate line in the lane to the right of Anderson), made a
      counter attack on the left flank of French just before
      Richardson brought the Irish Brigade forward.

      Your comments and discussion appreciated.