5496Re: [TalkAntietam] MD Heights: The Lookout or Observatory

  • Ian Workman
    Feb 18, 2009
      I had always thought that the lookout was where the 100lb Parrott battery
      was. This was below the crest a little south of the fort. There were several
      batteries on that mountain through the years. The park has a few of them
      mapped but most are not. The only reason that I know they were there is due
      to trajectories and lines.

      Ian