      From: RoteBaron@...
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:19 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] MD Heights: The Lookout or Observatory

      I received a question regarding Maryland Heights. Ford and others mention the "Lookout". Lt. Binney calls it the "observatory". It is not the overlook. Do you know about where this was located on Maryland Heights?

      I am not sure that it is the Naval Battery. Ford mentions the Lookout in his report as wanting to get artillery into it. The Naval Battery already had artillery. Ford also states it was on top of the mountain.