5216Re: Fw: Question regarding McElfresh Antietam maps

  • cowie_steve
    Dec 1, 2008
      Gerry and Stephen,

      John Keplinger, per Ernst, resided near the Sunken Road and was killed
      by a shell blast after the battle while handling a projectile found on
      his land. I do not know how many years after the battle this accident
      occurred, but can check her source if you'd like.

      Best,

      Steve