      From: "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...>
      To: "CWDG" <cwdg@yahoogroups.com>, "Talk Antietam" <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:35:05 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] re Thanksgiving

      All,

      Best wishes for Thanksgiving. As we gather around our tables
      tomorrow (Thursday), let us remember also those of the Armed
      Forces who are deployed away from their own families and homes
      and who "we" as a nation have sent in harm's way. Let us also
      remember the sacrifices of previous generations, including that
      of the Civil War, who evidenced the courage of their convictions.

      I think of the following song by Billy Ray Cyrus:

      Some Gave All

      I knew a man called him Sam 'the Cane'
      Few folks even knew his name
      But a hero yes was he
      He left a boy, came back a man
      Still many just don't understand
      About the reasons we are free
      I can't forget the look in his eyes
      Or the tears he cried
      As he said these words to me

      chorus:
      All gave some, some gave all
      Some stood through for the red, white and blue and some had to
      fall
      And if you ever think of me
      Think of all your liberties and recall
      Some gave all

      Now Sam 'the Cane' is no longer here
      But his words are oh so clear
      As they echo throughout our land
      For all his friends who gave us all
      Who stood the ground and took the fall
      To help their fellow man
      Love your country, live with pride
      And don't forget those who died
      America can't you see?

      chorus

      We are so richly blessed, and so blind to see it at times.......