5179Re: [TalkAntietam] March trip to Chickamauga

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Nov 15, 2008
      Thanks, Tom, I had forgotten about that. It does peak one's interest.

      I am used to seeing USGS benchmark stones, but that one was different.

      Dave

      In a message dated 11/15/2008 9:20:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      clemenst@... writes:

      Dave,
      The stone in the sidewalk near the National Cemtery that we discussed
      appears to be a survey stone. The interp rangers have no info about it marking
      anything to do with the battle, but they are checking with the Cultural
      Resources Manager to make sure. It did make me wonder too.
      Tom