5121Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Carman

  • Dave
    Oct 4, 2008
      Ok, then, can it be said by most that Priest is, in some cases,
      unreliable as a guide to the tactical movements of the battle itself?
      How then does a newbie to studying this battle go about tracing
      movements of brigades (and in some cases regiments) so that I can get
      them into my head? I mean, is there a reliable work, like Pfanz for
      Gettysburg, that spends a lot of time on actual battle movements?
      Harsh, Murfin, Sears et.al. don't seem (to me) to offer the kind of
      detail that Priest does. The campaign I have a grasp on, it's the
      battle itself that is foggy.

      That's also why I've been asking about the value of Carman.

      Or, maybe I just need a battlefield guide for 3 hours in a few weeks?

      Dave

      Stephen Recker wrote:

      > That is exactly the case.
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > On Friday, October 3, 2008, at 06:19 PM, G E Mayers wrote:
      >
      > > Maybe that is because there is not a lot of published material
      > > available on South Mountain. But there is a ton of better stuff
      > > on Antietam....

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic