5115Re: Carman

  • James W. Durney
    Oct 3, 2008

      > James;
      >
      > While Priest's books are readable they do have errors in them. I
      > have knowledge of at least a couple instances in the footnotes
      > where the wrong and totally unrelated source is quoted and also
      > where the information is just simply wrong.
      >
      > The maps in the Before Antietam book are not properly drawn to
      > scale. For the Antietam book, I am sure he could have received
      > permission to use the Carmen/Cope maps rather than having his own
      > made.

      ISTM that all books have errors in them, I've yet to find someone that
      isn't upset about something. A few years ago, I looked into the errors
      in Priest's book on Antietam. I don't recall finding anything that
      should be classed as major. The worst error is in his South Mt. book
      and involves a footnote citing Nolan's Iron Brigade book. The Preist
      books are very readable.

      IMO, nothing but the Bible should be taken as gospel.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic